1. GDPR Compliance
As the controller, Five Star has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to request, amend and transfer personal data to us via alternative means via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
3. Your Consent
If you have any questions regarding your consent or withdrawal your consent please contact our GDPR data protection officer at email@example.com
4. Policy Updates and Changes
We regularly review policies for changes, effectiveness, changes in handling of data and changes to the state of affairs of other countries our data flows to.
5. GDPR Accountability and Management of data
We have a data protection officer who supervises how we use personal information. You can contact our data protection officer about privacy related issues by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form or enter information on our site, provide us with feedback on our products or services.
7. How long do we store data?
We do not store any identifiable information of people just visiting our website and it's free to browse our site. Our own cookies are stored for up to 30 days, while third party cookies relating to Google may be stored for up to 26 months.
8. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
9. How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
10. Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, It won't affect the user's experience.
12. Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
13. Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
15. Opting out
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
16. Privacy Protection
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- Can change your personal information by logging in to your account
- Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
- It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking
17. Children Online Privacy Protection
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
18. Data Loss
In the event of breaches in data we will make an official report within 72 hours to the relevant authority and to the person whose data was lost. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
19. Data protection
In any event we share data with other parties there would always be a relevant contract in place
20. Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
21. How long do we store data?
22. Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking
23. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
24. We also agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
25. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
Our aim is to make our GDPR policy as transparent and clear as possible. However we are always looking to improve and love to get feedback.
All Five Star reviews are independently verified. To be indicative of a typical buying experience, reviews and recommendations should be based on the opinions of clients who have used the service which they are rating. All published reviews are independent and are not the views of Five Star or its employees, affiliates and partners.
28. Contacting Us
Terms & Conditions
Please read the following terms carefully before accessing any of our fivestar.ie websites, email, social media site or any other fivestar.ie application. By using the fivestar.ie site and applications, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions clearly outlined below. If you are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions; DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE.
1. The fivestar.ie website is a venue only
All information on this website is provided "as is" and without warranties express or implied. fivestar.ie website disclaim to the fullest extent permissible by law all warranties, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(1) This site is just a venue which enables advertisers, including property owners, property managers and agents to advertise properties and services (each a "Listing") to potential clients and tenants. The content on this website, including property descriptions and images, is given for information purposes only. Property descriptions and information on the fivestar.ie website (each a "Listing"), do not make any implied warranties or endorsements or representations whatsoever, including but not limited to, "warranties of title." and implied warranties related to a property's fitness of purpose for a particular use. It is solely your own responsibility to assess the suitability and accuracy of all property information contained on the fivestar.ie website and any other fivestar.ie application or social media site.
(2) Furthermore by using our fivestar.ie websites, social media sites, email and all applications, you clearly understand and agree that fivestar.ie is not a party to any rental agreements entered into between property owners and guests or clients, nor is fivestar.ie a guarantor or insurer and ultimately acts merely as a conduit fivestar.ie has no control over property owners or property managers, and we hereby disclaim all liability in this regard; to the maximum extent permitted by law. fivestar.ie or any fivestar.ie employee will not be held liable for any claims or damages incurred as a result of any rental or sales transactions entered into arising out of the use of the fivestar.ie website or related fivestar.ie social media sites and applications.
2. Property owner/manager/agent terms and conditions
Obligations of advertisers including property owners, managers and agents
(1) By using any of our fivestar.ie marketing platforms and websites, property owners, managers and agents agree to submit and communicate accurate information about both their property listings and personal identity
(2) Advertisers, property owners and property managers also undertake to ensure that all information provided to fivestar.ie related to their property listings is both up to date and accurate.. The property owner/manager also undertakes to ensure that all information relating to their listing is kept up-to-date and accurate while the property listing remains on the fivestar.ie website and platforms.
(3) Owners take full responsibility for ensuring that their listings do not contain false information, and that any materials or copy do not contain anything that infringes data protection or copyright laws.
3. Granting Proprietary rights to fivestar.ie and affiliates
(1) In the event owner/managers submit content that contains trademarks, owners/managers warrant that they have the right to use them.
(2) By submitting any content for use on any fivestar.ie website, the owner automatically authorises fivestar.ie and its partners; to display and use the content in connection with any promotions of the fivestar.ie platforms and website.
Disclaimer and Waiver
By uploading, communicating or submitting information to the website, you warrant that such information is truthful and accurate, and furthermore does not infringe intellectual property rights of any third party or data protection law. You also agree to fully indemnify fivestar.ie against all damages, claims, expenses, liability and costs, (including legal costs), in the event of any legal proceedings being brought as a consequence of information uploaded, communicated or submitted by you.
Terms & Conditions last edited on 07/03/2021